For client testimonials please visit this page.
What to expect from therapy
Initially I provide a free 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss the issues that have led you to seek therapy and we would determine whether we could work together.
After the initial phone conversation, there is no obligation to work together.
I start by offering an initial assessment that usually lasts for 50 minutes.
During our initial assessment, we will discuss together the main difficulties that you are seeking help with, your goals for therapy, and agree a therapy plan that best suits your needs. I would ask relevant information about your current situation, family / life history and anything else that you want to tell me about.
This is an opportunity for us to begin to get to know each other and for us to decide whether we are a good fit. It is important that you feel comfortable and safe.
We would meet regularly for 50 minutes each time.
Usually we would start with 6 sessions and then review. I like to hold regular reviews of the therapy every 6 sessions or so to discuss in more detail how we are working together and if therapy is meeting your needs.
Generally, clients attend for 10-20 weekly sessions, but contracts can be shorter or longer depending on your needs. Ending therapy would also be a collaborative process, depending on your ideas and my clinical judgement.
I offer short-term and longer-term therapy. The number of sessions needed will vary from person to person depending on what you want to work on, your history and needs. A fear of public speaking or single-incident trauma may be resolved in a few sessions, although complex childhood trauma may take more than 12 sessions to resolve.
I also offer intensive EMDR therapy with increased length and frequency of appointments, which can help you achieve your goals more quickly.
My practice is based in Enfield Chase (North London), United Kingdom, close to Enfield Chase and Enfield Town train stations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I am only offering online therapy (including EMDR therapy) at present.
Online therapy is delivered via secure encrypted platforms. EMDR therapy is delivered via an encrypted secure online EMDR platform called Bilateral Base (you do not need to download the app).
If you have any questions about how I work, or would like to discuss working together, do get in touch.
Confidentiality Statement & Safety
- Please note I am not able to offer a crisis or emergency service. Please contact your GP, local Accident and Emergency department or call emergency services (999) to access urgent support if you do not feel able to keep yourself or your child safe.
- Other places to access support:
- Samaritans offer a free 24-hour, 365 day a year confidential listening service. Their number is 116 123.
- Childline is a free confidential 24-hour helpline for young people up to the age of 19. Their number is 0800 11 11.
- All information will be kept securely as per EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and HCPC guidelines.
- I provide a confidential service. The exception is where there is imminent serious harm to oneself or others. In these circumstances I would look to get you more support and try to discuss this with you beforehand where possible. As per conditions stipulated by the HCPC, I am legally bound to disclose confidential information if necessary to prevent an imminent, serious crime or serious harm to other people.